Award-winning EECS 2014 graduate student instructors & instructional aides recognized
The Graduate Student Instructor and Instructional Aide Awards Ceremony was a night to celebrate and thank the University’s wonderful student educators.
The EECS Department held its annual Graduate Student Instructor (GSI) / Instructional Aide (IA) Awards Ceremony on May 8 to honor top student instructors and aides for their remarkable service. ECE Associate Chair Dave Neuhoff and CSE Chief Program Advisor Kevin Compton hosted the event and introduced the awardees.
During the event, Profs. Neuhoff and Compton shared their thoughts and read excerpts from student evaluations of the honorees. The 2014 awardees, and the courses and faculty they worked with were:
- Jonathan Beumont: GSI Award for EECS 470
- Catherine Culkin: IA Award for EECS 215
- Joseph Damiani: IA Award for EECS 183
- Branden Ghena: GSI Award for EECS370
- Robert Goeddel: GSI Award for EECS 467
- Luis Gomez: GSI Award for EECS 314
- Emily Graetz: Yahoo! Teaching Award for EECS 280 and EECS 475
- Seungku Lee: GSI Award for EECS 411 and EECS 430
- Maruthi Ravichandran: GSI Award for EECS 460
- Alex Roper: Yahoo! Teaching Award for EECS 482
- Armin Sarabi: GSI Award for EECS 452
Honorable mentions were:
- Reed Coke: GSI Award for EECS 183 and EECS 498 (W14)
- William Cunningham: GSI Award for EECS 470
- Steven Jones: GSI Award for EECS 203
- James Kasten: GSI Awardfor EECS 388
- Mai Le: GSI Award for EECS 451
Below are photos from the awards gathering. In some cases, the faculty member who taught the course lectures were able to attend, and are included in the photos.